Friday, November 16, 2012

Five Years...and counting?

I've picked on my mom a lot about procrastinating on her projects, but the truth is, I'm no better. It all started about five years ago in early spring of 2007 when I became interested in needlework. I was doing beginner projects and quickly getting bored. Mom happened to spot a pattern one day for a more advanced project. Lizzie*Kate's Pair o' Pilgrims. It was cute and she wanted it to make stand-ups for her dining room. She was putting the pattern back on the shelf though as we get ready to leave the store. "Why aren't you getting it?" I asked her, taking it back from the shelf. I knew she loved it and really wanted one for herself. She shook her head. "I don't have time to do this," she pointed out and started leaving again. I scooped up the pattern and ran after her. "I'll do it!"

Famous last words...

The pattern didn't look too hard. It was early June and I figured I'd have all summer to get it done before Mom decorated for fall in October. I assured her I could finish it in the time I had so, trusting in me, she bought it.
They were supposed to be done in 2007 but because of unforeseeable circumstances, I wasn't about to finish them that fall. Mom assured me it was alright. We'd try for next year. I felt bad but there was nothing I could do. The '07 fall season came and went, and so did '08. In 2009 I left for college, leaving the pilgrims at home. I was back again in 2010 though... and '11... and now '12... In the last five years I've managed to make this progress...

I haven't even started on the little girl pilgrim and there's still the stand up part to make! With only weeks until Thanksgiving... Maybe...next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment