Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Laundry Mishaps

Half way through my first semester of college, Mom decided she wanted to send me a care package. She called me up and asked me what I wanted. I gave her a simple list. I want Mexican Candy. And my Disney Princesses Towel.

I know what you're thinking... Yes, I'm 22 and still love that towel, thank you very much! =)

I waited excitedly for the next week and a half, waiting for my package filled with care. Finally... FINALLY... after two weeks, I got a notice in my P.O. Box that my package awaited me! If you can picture the moment when you were the most excited you've ever been in your whole life, then you'll know how I felt when I got that box. It hardly made it to my room before being ripped open like Christmas!

My roommates can tell you better than I the look of shock and borderline horror that covered my face when I opened it and the first thing I saw was my beautiful towel... My white, princess ballet towel, with Cinderella and Aurora and Snow White and Belle... My beautiful treasure... BLUE!

After going through the rest of the things (a really pretty mug, my very own hot pot, lots of food and candy, instant coffee. All AWESOME surprises) I called my mom. She answered "Ashley! Hi!!! Did you get your box???"

"It's Blue..." I answered flatly. Mom's only response was a bashful "Oh... yeah..."

She had been in a hurry to add it to the box after forgetting I'd requested it, and had thrown it in the wash with a load of jeans. Dark... Blue... Jeans... I'll never forget the sound of her voice as she apologized over and over again and all I could do was laugh! So like my mom! I sent her a mug and tons of thanks in return and am happy to say she still uses that mug to this day as her favorite fall time treasure. And yes, my towel is still blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment